Thank you for purchasing a SPOTBOT. This is your SPOTBOT GET STARTED manual. Before installing your SPOTBOT device, please note the following:
- SPOTBOT needs to be connected to a CCTV CAMERA SYSTEM that is connected to the internet.
- For SPOTBOT integration with the CCTV CAMERA SYSTEM, your DVR/NVR/IP CAMERA Username and Password will need to be entered.
GET STARTED: HARDWARE INSTALLATION
- Install the TELEGRAM MESSENGER APPLICATION on your smartphone. It is available for download on the Google play store as well as Apple play store.
- Connect all hardware as shown below
- Connect the supplied 5V power supply to the USB C port of the SPOTBOT. Do not switch on the main power.
- Connect the SPOTBOT to the same Local Area Network (LAN) that the CCTV camera system is connected to, using the supplied LAN cable.
- Plug the supplied USB SOUND CARD into the USB2 port on the SPOTBOT. Insert the 3,5mm jack of the supplied SPEAKER into the 3,5mm headphone plug of the USB SOUND CARD. Plug the USB connector of the SPEAKER into the supplied SPEAKER POWER SUPPLY (do not connect the SPEAKER POWER SUPPLY to a AC socket yet. Ensure that the USB speaker is turned ON.
- Switch on the main power at your AC wall socket that feeds the SPOTBOT 5V power supply as well as the SPEAKER POWER SUPPLY. The LED light of the USB SOUND CARD as well as the LED on top of the speaker will illuminate after a few seconds the speaker will announce “SPOTBOT STARTING UP”. Your hardware installation is now complete.
PLEASE LEAVE THE SPOTBOT FOR 5 MINUTES AS IS, WITH THE POWER ON AND CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE NEXT STEP. THE LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATES WILL AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL IN THIS TIME PERIOD.
GET STARTED: SET UP SPOTBOT TELEGRAM APPLICATION
Locate the QR code on the back of your SPOTBOT unit. Scan the QR code with your smartphone. If prompted, open the link with the TELEGRAM APP. Alternatively open the following link, www.spotbot.co.za/APPS/, on your webbrowser. Follow the instructions to be directed to your SPOTBOT TELEGRAM Bot. Once you are directe to your SPOTBOT TLEGRAM Bot, press the START button.
- You will receive the following message:
- Enter the serial number (S/N:) found on the back of your SPOTBOT unit and press SEND.
If the serial number verification was successful, the following message will be displayed
- Please press the MENU button.
Press the MENU button on the SPOTBOT TELEGRAM APP. You will receive a request to verify your cellular number. Please do so and then press the SHARE button when prompted.
GET STARTED: LINKING CAMERAS WITH SPOTBOT
A single SPOTBOT device can monitor a maximum of 8 camera feeds. You will use the TELEGRAM APP as well as your web browser to link the camera feeds with your SPOTBOT unit.
- Cameras need to be added to your SPOTBOT. Press the MENU button. The following message will be displayed:
- Press CAMERA SETUP: the following message will appear. Please note the description of the LOCAL CONNECTION (your SPOTBOT and smartphone are on the same internet connection) and REMOTE CONNECTION (your SPOTBOT and smartphone are on different internet connections) and press the relevant button to continue. (DATA costs will be incurred when using REMOTE CONNECTION.)
- After selecting LOCAL CONNECTION or REMOTE CONNECTION, you will be taken to a new screen. Press the CONNECT button to continue.
- You will be prompted to open a web link. Please do so by pressing OPEN.
- Your web browser will open the following screen. Please press SCAN FOR CAMERAS.
- Select the SCAN NETWORK option if you want to scan for all available cameras or devices on the same LAN network. Alternatively if you want to scan for a specific IP device, enter the device IP in the “Scan IP Only” area and press SCAN NETWORK.
- The scan for active cameras and devices will start. A progress screen will appear and close automatically when finished.
- Scroll to the DISCOVERED CAMERAS section. Here all the camera feeds that can be added to the SPOTBOT for monitoring can be viewed. IP cameras and DVR/NVR devices will all be shown as illustrated below with their IP address as well as manufacturer.
- Supply the Username and Password next to the camera or device that you want to add to your SPOTBOT and press ADD.
- The available video feed that can be added will be listed. PREVIEW will supply you with a picture of the camera feed.
- Select the “check box” next to the camera that you want to add to the SPOTBOT, and select ADD.
- A notification will indicate that the camera was successfully added to the SPOTBOT device.
- The DISCOVERED CAMERAS section will appear again. Repeat the process to add other cameras to the SPOTBOT device. A maximum of 8 cameras can be added to this SPOTBOT model.
- The sequence in which the camera feeds are added to the SPOTBOT device will be the sequence in which SPOTBOT allocates numbers to the cameras. E.g., first camera feed added = Camera1, second camera feed added = Camera2.
- Close the SPOTBOT web browser after adding all cameras and return to you SPOTBOT Telegram bot.
- Your SPOTBOT is now configured and ready to use. A screen, similar to the one shown below, should appear:
For assistance with the INSTALLATION or the SPOTBOT TELEGRAM BOT FUNCTIONALITY, please visit our website’s product page at www.spotbot.co.za . There will be a link to our YouTube channel with a number of installation and operational video tutorials. Alternatively contact us through the following channels:
Phone: +278600 17 443
COPYRIGHT ©2021 SPOTBOT.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Any and all information, including, among others, wordings, pictures, graphs etc. remain the property of SPOTBOT, or its subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “SPOTBOT”). This user manual (hereinafter referred to as “the Manual”) cannot be reproduced, changed, translated or distributed, partially or wholly, by any means, without the prior written permission of SPOTBOT. Unless otherwise stipulated, SPOTBOT does not make any warranties, guarantees or representations, express or implied, regarding to the Manual.
ABOUT THIS MANUAL
This Manual is applicable to the SPOTBOT unit. The Manual includes instructions for using and managing the product. Pictures, charts, images and all other information hereinafter are for description and explanation purposes only. The information contained in the Manual is subject to change, without notice, due to firmware updates or other reasons. Please find the latest version on the company website (https://www.spotbot.co.za). Please use this user manual under the guidance of professionals.
PLEASE SEE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE AND USAGE FOR ANY SPOTBOT SERVICE AND PRODUCT ON OUR WEBSITE: WWW.SPOTBOT.CO.ZA. SPOTBOT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN THE EVENT THAT THIS PRODUCT IS USED FOR ILLEGITIMATE PURPOSES. IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICTS BETWEEN THIS MANUAL AND THE APPLICABLE LAW, THE LATTER PREVAILS.